A new POINT BASED SYSTEM (PBS) has been introduced to the UK Immigration system. This system is based on 'attributes', English language ability, and personal financial capability. The PBS is divided into five categories called TIERS 1-5. Each Tier focuses on certain categories of people interested in working in the UK.


Exceptional Talent - This is a visa for highly skilled applicants who have been endorsed by a higher body in the science, engineering, humainites, medicine, arts and digital technology. The visa are limited by an annual quota.

Entrepreneur Visa One is required to show £200,000 in liquid assets held by you directly or borrowed; High level of English; high financial capability and genuine UK business operation.

Investor Visa – requirements:

£2,000,000 in liquid assets invested in Government Bonds - the applicant is high financial capability

Graduate Entrepreneur Visa – requirements:

United Kingdom qualification, BA, MA or PHD and an endorsement from an authorised UK higher education institution issued in the past 3 monthsh in the past before you graduate.



Sponsored Skilled Workers - a skilled employee of a UK Company including shortage occupations such as:

  • Digital Shortage Occupation List - Cyber and IT managers could fall under this list

  • Chefs with more than 5 years work experience

  • Engineers

Intra Company transferee - working as a skilled employee of a UK Company who has transferred from a foreign company.

Minister of religion - working in a religious order within a community which involves a permanent commitment like a monastery or convent.

Sportsperson - elite sports people and coaches who are internationally established at the highest level, and will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport

Work permits for Bulgarians and Romanians – the old immigration rules apply here.



  • Temporary workers - creative and sporting including Dj’s; musicians, actors ( 90 days visa for temporary events and up to 12 months)

  • Temporary workers - charity workers

  • Temporary workers - religious workers

  • Temporary workers - government authorized exchange

  • Temporary workers - international agreement

  • Youth mobility scheme – Citizens of Australia, New Zealand, Monaco, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Repyublic of Korea Japan, Canada and Taiwan.


EUROPEAN Economic Area and Swiss Nationals

All EEA and Swiss nationals are free to enter and live in the United Kingdom without the need to apply for our permission. If you are a national of a country that joined the European Union (EU) in 2004 you may need to register with us when you start work. If you are a national of Bulgaria or Romania, you may need to apply for our permission before you start to work.


Worker Registration Scheme

The Worker Registration Scheme was introduced in 2004 when new countries joined the European Union. It allows us to monitor where citizens of those countries (except Malta and Cyprus) are coming into our labour market, the type of work they are doing, and the impact this has on our economy.
You will normally have to register under the Worker Registration Scheme if you wish to work for an employer in the United Kingdom for more than one month and are a citizen of:
Czech Republic; Estonia; Hungary; Latvia; Lithuania; Poland; Slovakia; or Slovenia.


Other Categories


Turkish citizens establishing themselves in business

Under the European Community Association Agreement (ECAA) with Turkey, you have certain rights if:

  • you are a Turkish citizen; and

  • you want to apply to establish yourself in business in the United Kingdom





Contact Us
Site Map


Phone: +972 (0)77-5166505   
Fax: +972 (0)72-2159478
Advocate D. Sklar © Copyright 2010