Residency in the UK

UK Immigration Law permits UK citizens with a "right of abode" to utilize their rights to invite their immediate family to join them in the UK.

Different rules and requirements apply for each category of family member.

  • Family members may include, wife, husband, civil partner, fiancé, proposed civil partner; unmarried or same sex partner; child, parent and adopted child. Family member in certain circumstances may include: - widowed mothers and widowed fathers aged 65 or over; and parents or grandparents who are traveling together, if one of them is aged 65 or over.

In certain circumstances, the following relatives may be allowed to join you here:

  • sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, uncles and aunts over the age of 18; and

  • parents and grandparents under the age of 65

Please contact our offices for more details.

United Kingdom Ancestry

If you are a citizen of a Commonwealth country and one of your grandparents was born in the United Kingdom (including the Channel Islands or Isle of Man), you have United Kingdom ancestry.

You can come here to work if you can show that:

  • you are a Commonwealth citizen;

  • you have a visa or other form of permission to enter the United Kingdom because of United Kingdom ancestry, or your permission to stay here in this category has previously been extended;

  • you are aged 17 or over;

  • you have a grandparent who was born in the United Kingdom (including the Channel Islands or Isle of Man) or a grandparent who was born in what is now the Republic of Ireland before 31 March 1922;

  • you are able to work and you plan to do so in the United Kingdom; and

  • you can adequately support and accommodate yourself and your dependants without help from public funds (see rights and responsibilities for more information on what this means).

Please contact our offices for more details.

British citizenship & 1st Time Passports

British citizenship is one of the six different forms of British nationality. Some of these were defined in the British Nationality Act 1981, which came into force on 1 January 1983. British nationality law is extremely complicated and you are advised to read the Law or obtain professional advice on your claim before applying for a nationality status certificate.

Who already has British citizenship? Were you born in the UK, overseas or in a qualifying territory?

Are you a British subject? Do you have the right to live in the UK?

Who is a British overseas citizen? Can I give up my British citizenship?

Am I a British overseas territories citizen? Who is a British national (overseas)?

Please contact our offices for more details.





Contact Us
Site Map


Phone: +972 (0)77-5166505   
Fax: +972 (0)72-2159478
Advocate D. Sklar © Copyright 2010